Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2-28 oz. jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Break noodles.
- Place half in bottom of greased slow cooker.
- Brown ground beef in sauce pan, drain, stir in Italian seasoning.
- Spread half over noodles in slow cooker.
- Layer half of sauce and water, half of mushrooms, half of ricotta cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef.
- Repeat layers with remaining half of ingredients.
- Cover, cook on low 3-5 hours.
Tips for cooking lasagna in your crock pot:
- Use 2 jars spaghetti sauce. Be sure to put plenty on the top and sides
- Ricotta can be substituted. If you don’t have any ricotta cheese, use cottage cheese or cream cheese. I substituted one brick of cream cheese. It tasted just like ricotta. I just diced it up and spread the dollups all around.
- Lasagna noodles can be substituted. You may use bowtie or penne and make it like a baked ziti. (Use what you have!)
- Grease the whole cooker. I forgot this step the first time I tried this, and it was sticking like crazy!
- Adjust the cook time. With my slow cooker, 5 hours was WAY too long. I could easily put it on low for 3 hours and it does just fine. It depends on your cooker, but remember, for this recipe, all it is doing is cooking the noodles.
Photo Credit: Bob Evans